Social Media Specialist Intern
This Social Media Specialist works directly for LA CAUSA YouthBuild, in coordination with YouthBuild Charter School of CA. This individual will focus on the use of social media marketing to contribute to the success of the branch, by implementing association-wide social media plans, on behalf of LA CAUSA YouthBuild; and by implementing complementary branch-specific social media tactics to:
- promote membership and program growth;
- encourage member retention and deepen member engagement;
- raise visibility and understanding of LA CAUSA’s positive community impact; and
- encourage donations.
This specialist will develop extensive knowledge of LA CAUSA’s objectives and operations, and will work closely with LA CAUSA staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage social media presence, and implement social media marketing initiatives for the LA CAUSA in alignment with the association-wide social media strategy and plan, with customization for your branch.
- Manage approved social media accounts; proactively search for and join conversations regarding the program; follow association social media calendar and core messaging; and ensure back-up when account owners are away.
- Ensure branch specific social media initiatives utilize agreed upon processes and tools, and leverage pre-existing content.
- Promote and protect the LA CAUSA brand. Ensure brand compliance for the program.
- Use social media to grow membership, increase program participation and deepen engagement of members and participants.
- Use social media to effectively support fund-raising or the program.
- Identify and cultivate testimonials and stories from members, volunteers and donors.
- Identify opportunities to cross market programs and increase program participation.
- Knowledge and experience with social media techniques and effective practices. Prior experience using social media in a professional environment to achieve business objectives is highly desirable.
- An AA Degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively in writing, online and orally with individuals and groups.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adhere to the LA CAUSA brand and messaging guidelines.
- Excellent judgement and tact in all communications; capable of owning the significant responsibility of communicating on behalf of the LA CAUSA; protecting the LA CAUSA brand and reputation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to adapt to changing priorities, manage projects, meet deadlines and consistently deliver high quality results.
- Self-motivated; hands-on and takes initiative.
Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Google Chrome and WordPress
If interested please comment bellow with your Name, Email, Phone Number and the best time to reach you.